IDT audio driver problem

MysterioMask

I recently replaced a motherboard in a Gateway M-6864fx laptop. Everything works fine except i dont get any audio from it any longer. I disassembled the laptop a 2nd time and made sure i had everything connected and im about 90% sure i have all the cables connected properly.

When i go to my device manager it lists 4 unknown devices for the system. 3 of the devices cannot be used since i downgraded the operating system to XP instead of vista, prior to replacing the motherboard and they only pertain to the dvd play buttons. The 4th driver, when i go to update it, is for IDT high definition audio.

If i go to sound properties in control pannel for the sound playback option i already have ATI HD audio rear output. But that has never given me any sound ever, and thats the only option i have for audio. But before i replaced the motherboard i could elect IDT audio and that would give me sound.

Now when i go to update the audio through device manager, it seems to install but then always has warning or ? on it and it never fully installs properly. When i go and download IDT drivers and try and install it it gives me. _ExitError: Error=Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again. So i dont know if i have the right driver or not or if its some issue with the downgrade from vista to xp. What i do know is that i had it working once before. I tried system restore to before i had replaced the motherboard and that didnt work either.

If you need any more information to help fix the problem let me know ill supply whatever is needed.

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Sorry for the wait heres the information.

Not Available HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_107B0562&REV_1002\4&6447DD6&0&0001 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available ACPI\PNP0C32\1 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available ACPI\PNP0C32\2 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available ACPI\PNP0C32\3 The drivers for this device are not installed.

View attachment DxDiag.txt

High Definition Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C20&SUBSYS_2281103C&REV_04\3&11583659&1&D8 This device cannot start.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Back