IE 6 Security questions

By EntropyRlz
May 17, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I confess I know nothing about coding. However I built this monster I'm working on and I at least know when it's not performing up to speed. For the past 3 days it has been sluggish as hell, system resources have been low and several progs have frozen. Last night I see a report on the news about the new patch availability for IE 6 and I immediately get it and install it.
    Things seem to be running smoothly now other than an occasional temporary freeze when clicking a link in IE. Coincedence? Hmmmm

Now for most of you this may be a series of really dumb questions, but I'm not afraid :).

Is it possible that I had visited a site that took advantage of the vulnerabilities, and the patch alleviated the problems? Or am I still subject to the problems but just can't have any new problems with further sites that would take advantage of IE6?
    If I had visited such a site, and the underlying problem(s) still exist, where would I look to resolve the issues and specifically what particular things should I be concerned about having been compromised?
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

3. techfreak

techfreak Newcomer, in training

Try this

Hello,

You could try to repair your installed version of IE 6. I think you have to go to add/remove to do this but don't know for sure. Anyway this will update your IE to its first installed state.

Greets
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.