TechSpot

IE 7 is very slow

By songstre
Oct 15, 2008
  1. I don't know what's changed on my machine, but when I access a particular site IE is very slow. I have remoted into the server and tried it there with no problem (IE 6). I have tried it with Firefox from my machine and not had a problem either. It is a customized Sharepoint site. I have tried it from another person's machine and they have IE 6 and it is slow as well. I have taken the liberty of attaching a Hijackthis log. Please help when you can.

Thanks.

2. BillAllen55

BillAllen55 TS Maniac Posts: 368

I'm seeing that you may not have the latest version of adobe or the latest version java script installed.
    (read all directions provided when updating both programs.- ie uninstalling necessary earlier programs)
    There appears to be a lot going on with your hijack script that I have a good idea can be easily resolved. NOT being the experienced tech that others are in this forum these two suggestions would be the only ones I would be prepared to offer.
    Lots of Luck!

Regards.

3. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

Bill is quite right - your HJT log shows quite a bit going on.
    Like Bill, I am not trained in malware removal.

That being said, please follow this: 8-step malware removal guide

Use the following information ONLY IF malware prevents obtaining tools listed in the above guide. Using HJT - Fix Check to remove only pieces of malware can reduce the effectiveness of the tools. Malware partially disabled permits re-infection.
    The o6 HJT item indicates registry changes affecting the browser.
    The "reg add" & "reg del" couplet indicates a strategy to conceal itself.

Remarks:
    o17 entries are not recognized by robtex.com
    User may have established this for local network.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.