IE 8 Save flash files

By jackgreat
Apr 23, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Everyone,

I am using Internet Explorer 8 and my OS is windows Xp. Sometimes I visit different sites and I can see flash videos. I wanted to know how can I save them.

Moreover if IE8 is in inprivate mode then how can I find out its temp folder.

If anyone can help me out it will be great.

Thanks,
    JG
  2. lopdog

lopdog TechSpot Maniac Posts: 378

3. jackgreat

jackgreat Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 20

I am aware that websites like the ones you mentioned enable me to save videos from such sites (like youtube) etc but I want to save flash from other sites where sites like keepvid.com etc do not cover. What do I do in such a case ?
  4. lopdog

Ok, I see. Maybe you could try Replay Media Catcher. You can download a free trial, but the full program costs 40 bucks. Tell me if it works for the sites you want. I'll keep looking for a free program.
  5. jackgreat

ohhh

This is more of a screen recorder type of application which makes movies. I don't want this as for that I would need to play my entire video. Looking for something which can save flv in a click or can anyone tell me temp folder for IE 8 in inprivate mode.
  6. lopdog

If you are willing to change to Firefox (the 3.1 beta also has private mode) there are add-ons that may help you. Try Video DownloadHelper, for instance. Hope it works.
    Sorry, can't help you with the IE temp folder, I don't use IE, and only have IE7 installed.
  7. jackgreat

Thanks for help. I do not use firefox. I actually want a way to save flash files I view that load from different sites. Unable to find a addon or method to do so. Earlier with IE7 they would get saved in temp folder. but i dunno temp folder of IE 8 Inprivate Mode.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.