IE and FF both fail to download and open pdf files

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertLionheart

Anyone any ideas why a system with both IE7 and FF 3 should just sit there when asked to download a .pdf file?
Also a pdf file sent by email as an attachment will not open either.
AV is Avira Home Free - not known for being unhelpful...
I know the file itself is OK as it will download on another machine.
Any help much appreciated!

I'm willing to bet it isnt trying to download, but OPEN the file. This could be an Adobe issue. Try updating to the latest release.

Good thinking - this would explain why neither browser would deal with it! Will have a go at this when I next see the machine which will be in Thursday. Thanks!

Hi

I'm experiencing the same problem on Firefox 3.0. The download starts, but is stuck on "starting". It seems to work fine on IE7 / IE8. I've gone to Adobe and downloaded and installed the latest version, but still no luck :(

Hi

I'm experiencing the same problem on Firefox 3.0. The download starts, but is stuck on "starting". It seems to work fine on IE7 / IE8. I've gone to Adobe and downloaded and installed the latest version, but still no luck :(

Can you link to the PDF you are trying to download? I'm curious to see what's going on. Also, have you tried download another PDF file from a different site? It might be an incompatibility with the website/firefox.

Unfortunately i am unable to link the PDF as its a confidential company document. Its a very strange bug and cannot find anything about it on the internet. The strange thing is, i can view the PDF on firefox using the PDF extension, but when i try to download it, it is stuck on "starting"

I'm going to try and upgrade to FF 3.5 to see if that fixes the problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back