IE and Firefox wont load some pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

first, sorry for my English im not good at xDD

So, internet explorer 7.0 and Firefox 3.0 wont load some pages. Firefox say DNS problem. IE say there is no page like that.

I reinstall the IE, Mozilla, Java(lastest version) and nothing. I scan my computer with AVG-Spyware and Ad-Awerse (or what). I scan my computer too with a Registry cleaner, name of the program is: RegSupremePRO.

and btw this is a new problem. time ago I didn't have problem like that..

Can u help me plz? xD

EDIT1: I also try: /flushdns
/IE/Mozilla Resetting the options

Catch ya later!

If you can load some websites then the issue is with the websites your trying to connect to ie their servers are down, they no longer exist or they have changed their web address, if you cant load any websites at all then the issue is with your internet connection.

Hi

Thanks for post. But my sister computer can load that page... And my friends too.

And not all sites I cant load.

Darth_Terra1 said:
If you can load some websites then the issue is with the websites your trying to connect to ie their servers are down, they no longer exist or they have changed their web address, if you cant load any websites at all then the issue is with your internet connection.

it's not always like that.

I had this problem before, i couldnt connect to random websites, and could connect to most. i.e google, and it wasnt periodic disconnects of my internet because i could never get to google at any time. but i could get on most websites.

Using NSLOOKUP for DNS Server diagnosis
Network Troubleshooting Author: Brien M. Posey

The DNS protocol has been around for decades and is a stable and reliable protocol. Even so, DNS does occasionally have problems. These problems might stem from a loss of connectivity, an invalid DNS record, or a number of other issues. When a DNS server doesn’t behave in the way that it is expected to, many people turn to the PING command for help. PING is a great tool for DNS server diagnosis, and I tend to use it quite frequently myself. However, sometimes PING just doesn’t give you enough information about the problem at hand. When you need more information about a DNS problem than what PING provides you with, you can always turn to the NSLOOKUP command. NSLOOKUP is a built in DNS diagnostic utility that’s available to both Windows and UNIX Administrators. In this article, I will show you how to use NSLOOKUP.

Try following the instructions on the screen shots here and see if you can find the source of the DNS Problems:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Using-NSLOOKUP-DNS-Server-diagnosis.html

Hello Tussoc,

Can you give us a list of the actual names of the websites you can't visit?
Then maybe we can look at those websites and see what we can find out about them.

Do you have any kind of parental controls set on your computer?

Try another browser, such as Opera. See if that helps at all.

Also, since you say this is a new problem. Just do a system restore back to a point when you didn't have the problem. If your not sure how to launch a system restore, post back.

If you installed any new software, that could be affecting it somehow too.

Good Luck :)

okay...My internet on my computer way totaly gone! No problem on the other computers... I do a system restore but nothing.
Im searching for another viruses on my computer. wish me luck xD

Edit1: btw i have opera but i dont use it.
The most pages i cant visit is around Java basis. Maybe but im not sure. But i had reinstall my java.

Since you are narrowing it down to 'java specific':

Make sure you have the latest version of Java. This will be version 6, update 7. you can find it here:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6463-java-se.html

Once you have this updates, go to the Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any other versions. And you will need to make sure that Java is enabled in both browsers. I have Firefox v3:
Tools> Options> Content> CHECK 'enable javascript' and 'enable Java'.

Look in the Internet Options for IE> Advanced tab> CHECK 'use JRE'> Security tab> Scripting of Java applets> CHECK 'Enable'> Apply> OK

I don't think will will handle all of the problems. If they continue and 'DSN' is still an issue, you're going to have to follow the screen shots on the site I left for the NSLOOKUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back