IE is causing malfunction of copy/paste in Word

Two weeks ago I stopped being able to highlight/copy/paste images & text from websites...something I have always done...into Word. Each time the copy results in text only with none of the original formatting (no images, headings, subtitles, spacing, colour etc) it's all in close-written text Arial 10pt (my default).
I have researched and tried everything and been on other forums too.....no joy in resolving this problem.

I have now spent days experimenting (including un-installing Windows XP and installing Office 2010) and have now narrowed the problem down.

I can create a Word doc with colour text and different fonts/size and successfully copy/paste this within the doc. The moment I open up Yahoo IE on my desktop the copying facility in Word malfunctions and it just copies everything as Arial 10pt with no formatting of the original. If I close IE the copy/paste behaves properly. I have opened websites in Firefox browser and been successful with highlighting/copy/pasting multiple images & text into Word with all the original formatting, and copying within the doc itself is ok.
The problem is very specific to my computer - having run the tests on another computer in the house.

IE is powered by Yahoo and my email is via BT Yahoo so I need to have it open almost full time……BUT it is preventing the ‘copy/paste’ functioning.

Can anyone help me resolve this please?
Many thanks

IF I read your post correctly in that it works fine with Firefox, I'd quit using IE.
I've read where people say some websites/web pages only work in IE but I find that difficult to believe.
:)

Back