TechSpot

IE is causing malfunction of copy/paste in Word

By Silverblonde
Apr 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Two weeks ago I stopped being able to highlight/copy/paste images & text from websites...something I have always done...into Word. Each time the copy results in text only with none of the original formatting (no images, headings, subtitles, spacing, colour etc) it's all in close-written text Arial 10pt (my default).
    I have researched and tried everything and been on other forums too.....no joy in resolving this problem.

I have now spent days experimenting (including un-installing Windows XP and installing Office 2010) and have now narrowed the problem down.

I can create a Word doc with colour text and different fonts/size and successfully copy/paste this within the doc. The moment I open up Yahoo IE on my desktop the copying facility in Word malfunctions and it just copies everything as Arial 10pt with no formatting of the original. If I close IE the copy/paste behaves properly. I have opened websites in Firefox browser and been successful with highlighting/copy/pasting multiple images & text into Word with all the original formatting, and copying within the doc itself is ok.
    The problem is very specific to my computer - having run the tests on another computer in the house.

IE is powered by Yahoo and my email is via BT Yahoo so I need to have it open almost full time……BUT it is preventing the ‘copy/paste’ functioning.

Can anyone help me resolve this please?
    Many thanks
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,189   +230

IF I read your post correctly in that it works fine with Firefox, I'd quit using IE.
    I've read where people say some websites/web pages only work in IE but I find that difficult to believe.
    :)
  3. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 892   +39

What if you paste using Past - Keep Source Formatting?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.