IE or Firefox won't connect with wireless

By Jsmccabe
Mar 22, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As title says, it is very frustrating.

Tried everything I could find!

Please help!

Attached is the HijackThis thingy.

:)
  2. gri24

gri24 Newcomer, in training

Hi I am new to the site. I also am having the problem of not being able to connect to the internet using my wireless connection.
  3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Well for the first poster (and thread starter) you might want to try uninstalling F-Secure and also your old version of HiJackThis (they updated the program a few years ago)
    And then run the F-Secure Internet Security Uninstall Tool
    ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/UninstallationTool.exe
    And\Or Here: ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/removal/uninst23.zip

And then install the much better Avira Antivirus.

And then go through these 8 steps: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

And if you have any further issues create a New Thread in the Virus & Malware removal forum, obviously after you have gone through the guide and have the attachments

------------

And for the second member. Do the same, except I have no idea what your Antivirus is at the moment. I'm thinking AVG8 (at a guess) If that's the case here's what to do:

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
    Then run the removal tool
    Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
    Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Install Avira free AntiVirus

You might want to create a New Thread too, obviously doing similar to the above. For any further issues.

Good Luck to both of you :grinthumb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.