IE/Outlook Express help

By thomsob
Nov 16, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Something changed on my PC...default mail was on Outlook Express. Now, when I go into Internet Options to select OE as the default, it isn't an option...just Outlook. Any ideas on how to set this back to use OE as default?
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,266   +218

When you open OE doesn't it say that this isnt' your default mail client and would you like to make it.

Anyway try this: Open OE, go to tools menu, then options down at the bottom. Then look at this screen shot I took, and click "Make Default" where it says its not your default mail handler.
    [​IMG]
  3. thomsob

thomsob Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I did this also and clicked on Apply and OK...but it won't "stick" for some reason. Other suggetions? Thanks.
  4. cogenmaster

cogenmaster Newcomer, in training Posts: 132

outlook

uninstall outlook unless you plan on using it.
  5. Eric Legge

Eric Legge Newcomer, in training Posts: 224

6. thomsob

thomsob Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks...I finally had to uninstall Microsoft Office as just uninstalling Outlook and OE weren't an option. Then had to take IE back down to previous version. Then load Microsoft Office again...choosing only OE...then upgrade to IE 6 SP1 again...thanks for the suggestions!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.