IE pop-ups while browsing firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a thread where another user was having this problem, but I've heard it's better to not use suggestions from other posts as each case is different. My problem is that as soon as I open firefox, I immediately get an IE pop-up for some site called zango. Then, usually I'll get another one that opens yahoo.com when I sign into my aol e-mail. I've tried spyware detector, spyware doctor and AVG and none seem to help. I even tried downloading the Opera browser, but the IE pop-up does the same thing with it. The pop-ups aren't real frequent, but they are frequent enough that it's getting to be really irritating. Does anybody know what I might have and how I can get rid of it?

Hello 1025zuke, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please go and read this and then post a fresh HijackThis log as an attachment into this thread. That should help us determine the source of your popups so we can remove them.

Regards :)

Have HijackThis fix the following entry, by placing a check in the box next to it:

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.snipernet.biz (HKLM)

Click the Fix Checked button.

Now go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of 1025zuke only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back