1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

IE problem - very very slow, could be spyware. Lots of other funkyness with my XPS

By RedEye1 ยท 4 replies
Oct 16, 2008
  1. Hi all,

Can anyone give me some insight into what might be wrong.
    Hard time booting up.
    Crashes often.
    IE 7 very slow, no problem w/Firefox

Thanks in advance.

Red

2. BillAllen55

BillAllen55 TS Maniac Posts: 368

updates java adobe

You have a lot of running processes. Not being the expert as others that communicate on here I can only make that observation. One thing I could comment on is that your java and adobe could be updated. If I were you I would start another thread hopefully an expert can assist you with your hijackthis! logs.
    For the time being I would see about updating your java at this website http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

To update your adobe programs (reader flash player) go to this website: http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

3. RedEye1

RedEye1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.
    I'll give the updates a whirl and see what happens.
    As a newbie there is lots I don't know about this board but why did you suggest I start a new thread?

Thanks,
    Red

4. RedEye1

RedEye1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I ran both the Java and the Adobe updates but no improvement.
    Java said I already had the latest & greatest but I re-ran it anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

Following the 8-step malware removal guide improves your odds for a more successful encounter.

Early on they help you analyze what real-time monitoring programs are running.
    It appears that you are running 2 AV's & 1 Internet Security.

The cost is nominal - 3 posted log files.

O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Authentium, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus\dvpapi.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.0.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Radialpoint Unicorn Update Service (RPSUpdaterR) - Radialpoint Inc. - C:\Program Files\Verizon\PC Security Checkup\rpsupdaterR.exe

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.