IE problem - very very slow, could be spyware. Lots of other funkyness with my XPS

By RedEye1
Oct 16, 2008
  1. Hi all,

Can anyone give me some insight into what might be wrong.
    Hard time booting up.
    Crashes often.
    IE 7 very slow, no problem w/Firefox

Thanks in advance.

2. BillAllen55

BillAllen55 TS Maniac Posts: 368

updates java adobe

You have a lot of running processes. Not being the expert as others that communicate on here I can only make that observation. One thing I could comment on is that your java and adobe could be updated. If I were you I would start another thread hopefully an expert can assist you with your hijackthis! logs.
    For the time being I would see about updating your java at this website

To update your adobe programs (reader flash player) go to this website:
  3. RedEye1

RedEye1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.
    I'll give the updates a whirl and see what happens.
    As a newbie there is lots I don't know about this board but why did you suggest I start a new thread?

4. RedEye1

RedEye1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I ran both the Java and the Adobe updates but no improvement.
    Java said I already had the latest & greatest but I re-ran it anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

5. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

Following the 8-step malware removal guide improves your odds for a more successful encounter.

Early on they help you analyze what real-time monitoring programs are running.
    It appears that you are running 2 AV's & 1 Internet Security.

The cost is nominal - 3 posted log files.

O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Authentium, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus\dvpapi.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Radialpoint Unicorn Update Service (RPSUpdaterR) - Radialpoint Inc. - C:\Program Files\Verizon\PC Security Checkup\rpsupdaterR.exe
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.