IE Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliemcallister

Hey!

Having some problems with IE7 today - some have come up all of a sudden with no warning and others have been on-going for weeks.

Today though, I'm having trouble displaying some pictures. Example - the post icons above where I'm typing (align, indent, remove link, font, color, etc) are not showing - just the white box with a red cross. Similarly on YouTube, the videos all play fine but maybe half of the icons denoting other videos are just a red cross. It's not just these two websites, but quite a large number (inc the BBC - so is obv a problem with my system).

Also - occasionally, IE goes crazy and starts opening multiple tabs and browser windows and only stops when I shutdown IE completely. Seems to be random as and when it happens.

Also - finally - sometimes IE 'overclocks' my CPU, running it at 100% with a memory usage over 450,000k - no idea why!

Any ideas?

I run AVG Anti-Spyware, Comodo BOClean, Ad-Aware 2007, Spybot Search & Destroy, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, and McAfee - so I should be protected... but running scans all the same... nothing coming up though!

Having some problems with IE7 today - some have come up all of a sudden with no warning and others have been on-going for weeks.
Also - occasionally, IE goes crazy and starts opening multiple tabs and browser windows and only stops when I shutdown IE completely. Seems to be random as and when it happens.

You are describing a typical browser hijack and malware. Please move over to the Security Forum below, run the programs and post you logs. Someone will assist you in finding the malware:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back