IE6 New window staying minimized

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

IE6 New window staying minimized

Just today any new window I open in IE starts minimized. I can't even click on it in the taskbar to open it.

I have to right click on it and click on Maximized.

Any ideas?

Right click on the Icon, and under Run Mode make sure it is selected Normal. If it is set to Minimize, it will go to the task bar, so take a look at that.

Thanks for the post.

This didn't just happen with icons but anytime I went to a new window while surfing the net.

I used Restore Point and I'm back to normal.

My Mates PC does this..

Couldn't compare spec's could we?

Easiest way of sorting it (knowing common factors)

Windows XP SP1
AMD 2100+ I think
GF4 Ti4200
Audigy 1
PC2100 DDR
DVD/CD-RW
Rest like Mouse + Keyboard is standard stuff...

Anything similar mate?

Originally posted by thewolfe
Thanks for the post.

This didn't just happen with icons but anytime I went to a new window while surfing the net.

I used Restore Point and I'm back to normal.

Yes, it is because when a new window opens, it is calling upon that task and everytime it loads it is minimized. But since you got it all sorted out with the resotre point, I'm glad it's all better.

Same happend to me

I started today trying to disable windows messenger. I finally found out how.now when i right click and pick open in new window i see it minimize in the middle of the screen. i have to double click on it to open it.It does not happen if i click file-new window.
i dont think i ll use explorer till i find out what it is..

it is not actually opening.it is minimized in the middle of my monitor.i only see its bar.i have to double click to maximize

found this on another website, it worked a treat for me.....

"I am missing something here. You say you can manually maximize it, but can you manually
grab the edge of the window with your pointer to size it? In other words, if you
put your pointer on the bottom edge or bottom corner of your window, do you get the
double arrow that allows you to size the window?

Try this:
1. Launch IE. (If it's already open, close it down first and relaunch it.)
2. Right click on a link and choose "Open in New Window"
3. Close the first window
4. Resize the second window if you can. If not, maximize the second window.
5. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and click the "X" at the top to close the window
IE should be completely shut down now. Relaunch it and see if it works."

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back