IE6 shuts down suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbornex

Hi, I am back again. This time I am having with my desktop instead.

I have noticed that whenever I open IE6, the CPU usage rises rapidly, sometimes hitting 100%. And when I opened a few new windows in quick succession, it will unceremoniously shut down on me, no error message or whatsoever. But the CPU usage will be at 100%. This problem is especially obvious when I am using facebook (which I assumes uses lots more memory than usual websites due to its massive contents).

I have also experienced this with google sometimes. For instance, if I type in 'the amazing race', instead of returning the results of my query, it just shut down on me. The problem continues even after I reload IE6 again with the same search. Funnily though, if I added in more words relating to my query (e.g. the amazing race season 13), it WILL display the search results.

Also, I've tried opening like 8 windows at one go and have them directed to different sites; the CPU usuage still increases (and hit 100% occassionally before dropping back a little). I did not face the shutdowns though. But I still get them rather frequently whenever I am using multiple windows while browsing.

Another thing is that sometimes the browser did not seem to display the objects in the correct alignment, like with flash objects. Sometimes the webpage seems to be empty, but in actual fact the contents are found at the bottom instead.

Are there any ways to stop these problems? Thanks.

Additional notes: I have run a AVG scan on my computer and it found a Adware.RogueSuspect.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    7.2 KB · Views: 6
The user has already gone through the 8 step process; the 3 required logs have been attached.

I would have upgraded to IE7 (or switched other browsers) if not the fact that my dear mother only knows how to use IE6. She once said that it would be a nightmare if she had to learn it again (she is never tech savvy). So unless there are no other options, please advise me on other ways that may solve the problems.

And though my java is already verified as the latest version, I have reinstalled it just to be sure since you guys pointed it out. I have also reset IE (link was for IE7 but found out how to do it in IE6) but the shutdowns still exist. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back