IE7 and FF not loading pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that i can get into google but it wont allow me to search for anything, it just keeps trying to load. Then are other websites that i cant access as well such as yahoo, facebook, myspace, and some websites. So how can i fix it? Right now i have IE 7 and Firefox 3 both do not work. So i am not sure if its a browser problem or a computer issue. I have a McAfee. And I already restarted my modem.

I will appreciate for any help u can give me.

Things to do
  • Install CCleaner to delete all temp internet and application files lying around on machine. When it first comes up check the options in left margin as you might want to uncheck Cookies cuz usually are some cookies you really want to keep.
  • Make sure you are running Java Version 6 Update 6. For that matter, open Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and see what Java is listed. REMOVE ALL VERSIONS OTHER THE VERSION UPDATE 6. Do the new java install if you need it.
  • Go to Adobe's web site to see if you have latest Adobe Flashplayer loaded
  • Start Firefox in safe mode. from STart Menu -> All Programs ->Firefox -> Firefox (safe mode). This turns off all the add ons and stuff.
Try again. do any of these help?

I already had CCleaner, and i had to get Java 6 but i didnt have to get any adobe updates and then i tired FF in safemode and its still not working...this might help i just install SP3 and someother updates on the 30th and it was working yesterday morning then around 5pm yesterday, IE and FF started to mess up by not loading the websites

No, McAfee is firewall and anti virus, and i had Ad-Aware 2008 run a full-system scan earlier today and it didnt turn up with anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back