IEuser_admin account change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apaullo

hi..i just want to ask what to do if your PC account has been changed to IEUSER_ADMIN? when i restarted my PC the account profile i can only click is IEUSER_ADMIN and it has a password..i cant access my computer since it started..can u guys know how to override the intruder account?

Check user accounts in Control Panel
Does your UserName still exist?
If so log off IEUSER_ADMIN, and log on to your Username

Check user accounts in Control Panel
Does your UserName still exist?
If so log off IEUSER_ADMIN, and log on to your Username

OK. Kimsland, i think this your turn for an Oops ;) They can't log in! So can't check control panel

apaullo: Boot into safe mode (Can vary by manufacturer but usually using the F8 key. Start tapping it once a second immediately on powering up computer). You can then see if you're login userid is still present (and who would've changed/removed it if it's not????? go check with them)

/*** Edit ****/
btw.. you should also see the Adminstrator login and you can use that account (if you know it's password.. just try Enter as it may still be blank is the defualt)

/**** Edit2 *****/
And.. i've assume XP; don't know if also true if Vista

yep..thats the only way i can access my PC..thru safe mode and thru typing the administrator account...i tried deleting the darn account but still needs password to delete it..im using xp btw

is there any steps that can be done to rid it?

This should work if you run as Admin

Start->Run, enter control userpasswords2. Hit enter

A few seconds for the window to pop-up, then select the user and click Reset Password. Hit enter password prompts deletes the password for that acccount.

hey guys...

i managed to delete BOTH accounts..as i got home i already saw 2 IEUSER_admins..

glad to delete both :) thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back