TechSpot

iexplore.exe 110.860 memory usage

By D@nny
Jul 31, 2006
  1. Hello, recently I checked my windows task manager and for the past few days there's been to iexplore.exe in there. One takes 11,036 k memory usage and when I close it just builds back up. The second is taking 37,324 k I guess that's because I have IE open now. I cannot get rid of the second. I do use firefox but iexplorer.exe is still there when no internet browser is running and it takes 50000-12000 memory sometimes like 52 cpu in performance. I don't have all these anti virus programs I rarely get viruses I do have adaware 6.0 anti spyware that's about it and they don't find this thing. I just tired to remove it from processes and it started from 35000 and has now built back up to 110,860 If I uninstall IE6 and just use firefox think it will go away? What's the easiest fastest way to get this thing off my computer. I could be spyware but Spyware sweeper doesn't find it. Help! Now there's 3 ixexplorer.exe open with only one browser open what's going on?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Let`s check to see if you`ve any nasties running on your system.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log a s a .txt attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of D@nny only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. D@nny

D@nny TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 176

Woah I went to trend micro housecall from the first link you posted . It just jumped down from 43 1/2 hours to hour so it say something about a free trail is it going to scan my pc and remove items or just give me a .txt with a bunch of stuff?

4. howard_hopkinso

Depending on what it finds(if anything) it will attempt to clean some stuff, but not others.

Just try to be patient lol.

5. D@nny

Could internetexplorer.exe be a key logger. When I type for some rasone <<<<< it lok like thi sso

Do you think I can Browse the internet or play computer games will it's scanning or does it take alot of memory. My type cursor is acting normal now that's good.

6. howard_hopkinso

Ok, skip all the instructions for now and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log into this thread, I`ll take a look and advise.

7. D@nny

Ok here it is?

8. howard_hopkinso

You have entries in your HJT log that look suspicious.

I therefore advise you carry on with the instructions in the link I gave you.

9. D@nny

Trend Micro java_bytever.ag java_shinwow.b as malware it's not deleting them though.
    They were in this folder C:\Documents and Settings\*******\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar
    I deleted them problem still exists :(

10. howard_hopkinso

That`s why you need to follow the rest of the instructions. You shouldn`t be trying to delete things manually, unless the instructions specifically say so. Otherwise I won`t have a clue what`s going on.

Only then post a fresh HJT log.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.