Iexplore.exe multiple process

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisse

I just read the 8-steps for Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Here's my logs. I wasn't able to get the logs from the SuperAntiSpyware though.

Does this mean iexplore.exe virus has been fixed or do I need to something after sending you guys these logs?

Btw, great instructions! Easily understood.

I really do hope this virus is gone. I just reformatted my PC.

Thanks guys! :wave:

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-10-15 (12-52-01).txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 5
  • hijackthis.log
    8.5 KB · Views: 5
@WinXPert

from Alabang. you from Manila too? I was not able to reply to your PM since I'm new in this forum. I think I have to post more. :eek:

Welcome to TechSpot, denisse. I'll help you find the cause of your problem and hopefully a resolution.

You have a pirated version of WinDVD Platinum 7.0. you will need to remove that before getting help- we don't support piracy.

If you decide on the uninstall and want to go on, please explain what you mean by this:
Does this mean iexplore.exe virus has been fixed or do I need to something after sending you guys these logs?

And what happened when you ran SAS?
I wasn't able to get the logs from the SuperAntiSpyware though.

Manila and Bulacan. If you need help just PM me or have a chat at YM. Hope we could meet and give/share with you softwares I use. I could even teach you how to remove virus/malware and have a hands on experience.

I really do hope this virus is gone. I just reformatted my PC.

Thanks guys! :wave:

No advice from me you just reformatted.

I actually didn't install the WinDVD since I don't play DVDs in my PC anymore. I guess I just need to delete the installer right?

about my question - i didn't see the virus in my PC anymore, so i guess its fixed :D

SAS didn't detect anything.

Manila and Bulacan. If you need help just PM me or have a chat at YM. Hope we could meet and give/share with you softwares I use. I could even teach you how to remove virus/malware and have a hands on experience.

No advice from me you just reformatted.

You can add me up in YM in case I need some expert advice! :D

thank you so much!

It appears that you no longer require help so we will consider this thread closed.

Actually, I encountered the virus again. And as advised, I didn't format my PC for the nth time. I always launch the applications to search for the virus. Suddenly, I realized that the problem might be in my other hard drives, since I have 2, one of which is partitioned.

I backed up all important files (minus the downloaded installers) and formatted the drives. The other one gave me an error that I can't format it since one program/application is using a file in it. I checked the folder view settings, and choose to view hidden files. There's nothing there. Looking at my process again, I saw that iexplore.exe is again running. I ended the process, then formatted that drive again. It was successful.

Hopefully, this removes that damn virus. Its really getting into my nerves already.

Do you understand that iexplore.exe is for Internet Explorer? While malware can assume just about any file name, if you're using IE6, it is normal to see on iexplore.exe process running.

Here are some suggestions to help keep the system safe:
Use an AntiVirus Software(only one)
Use a good, bi-directional firewall(one software firewall)
[*]See Understanding and Using Firewalls including links to download a firewall.

Consider these programs for Extra Security
  • Spywareblaster:
  • SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX. It places kill bits to stop bad Active X controls from being installed. Remember to update it regularly.
  • IE/Spyad
  • This places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts files This replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
  • Google Toolbar Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

@Bobbye

Yea, I fully understand what iexplore.exe does. The thing is it pops up in the process tab of my task manager without Internet Explorer application. I currently use Firefox for my browser. The worst thing about it is that more than 2 processes are running, eats up about 15kb of my memory each. Usually its 4 processes running!

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions. I'll try them! :)

If you would like help here in this forum, please run the programs as instructed and leave the logs for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back