IExplorer 8 Information bar not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schweinsteiger

I have a problem when I enter a site that requires the installation of an activex control to run something, the information bar needed to install it doesn't appear, therefore I can't install it.

i.e. : http://www.ikea.com.kw/howtoshopatikea.html

can't view the video down the page !!!!

I tried googling & nothing worked so far !

Any Help ?

I'm running win XP Pro SP3 .

Any Help !!! please

i tried un-installing and re-installing internet explorer 8 , it didn't work .
i tried Firefox , the same problem , didn't work !
i tried un-installing and re-installing flash player , shockwave player & Java (all latest versions) , and guess what ... it didn't work !!!

all the add-ons are enabled .

i'm going crazy right here , please anyone !

I'm sorry you've had such a long delay! Someone should have stopped by!

I went to the site and I have a black square for this: " or watch the following video ". I also have 'blocked' above it. I use Firefox and 2 add-ons for ads, banners and other trash. I wonder if this is your problem also.

I don't have IE8 but I tried it with IE6- get the same black square where the video is. So I think there is some type of unsuitable script embedded in the video section.

Oh wow! The video started up while I was posting this. I had left the site on the Firefox tab. I noticed the site you have is in Kuwait. You might try a different location: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/

Okay, looks like you might be missing flash. But you don't need the information bar for that- as far as I know.

Go to the Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs> look for any entry for Adobe Flash Player or Adobe Shockwave. If any, give me the version. Also check for same from Macromedia.

If you do not see any entry for this, download the flash player from Adobe HERE.

Reboot the computer. See if the video will play. If it still won't, I'll have you check the Active S settings. If it goes beyond that, then you will have to suspect malware.

You are defining Active X as specific to seeing the video- it isn't. It is an Active X object, but 'Active X' has other features also.

i tried un-installing and re-installing flash player , shockwave player & Java (all latest versions) , and guess what ... it didn't work !!!

already did , and its not malware because i just reinstalled windows xp and didn't download anything & im sure its not malware ...

Here are 4 different 'fixes', each of which worked for a user who had the same problem of the missing Information Bar. Eliminate any you've already tried> try the others> let us know what works for you:

1. IE> Tools > Internet Options> Reset the security for the 4 choices to default in each case> Select Advanced> Reset the options to the default value.
Restart IE 8> You will be offered a selection of additional options> Refuse them all. The Information bar came back.

2. Open Internet Explorer> Tools> Internet Options > Advanced> click on the Reset

3. IE> Tools > Internet Options > Security> Select "Internet" and click "Custom Level"> Check all of the ActiveX settings and make sure they are set to prompt.

4. Open IE> Tools> Internet Option> Privacy tab> Check the box "pop up blocker"> Settings> Check the "show information bar when pop up is blocked".

I run xp pro and my information bar vanished when i went to Microsoft update page. The following solved the problem for me.
In Internet Explorer click on Tools.
Select Manage Add-ons
Select Toolbars and Extensions
From show currently loaded add ons scroll up and select show all add ons
Scroll down the add ons to Microsoft and the second or third should be M U web Control Class
If it shows disabled right click on it and select enabled
Voila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back