I'm an TS Addict Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

almcneil

:cool: I'm a TS Addict now! Check me out!!

-- Andy

Oops! Jumped the gun by one post! NOW I'm a TS Addict!!

-- Andy

Not any more, because I merged posts :haha:

But I'm sure it'll take another minute !!

Well done anyway
By the way, do have to sign off with Andy all the time?
Not sure how others feel, but I find it very annoying

Not any more, because I merged posts :haha:
#$%^&*!!

But I'm sure it'll take another minute !!
How did you guess?!?!??!

By the way, do have to sign off with Andy all the time?
Not sure how others feel, but I find it very annoying

Really? I find it the other way around! I find it annoying when ppl don't sign off with their name. All I see is some username at the top and I often have no clue what your real name or nickname really is! Signing off, to me at least, is just polite. It let's the person know who 'almcneil' really is (almcneil = Andrew Liam McNeil)

Just MHO,
-- Andrew Liam McNeil

I'll take that under advisement. We haven't gotten to know each other enough yet to develop a genuine hatred! ;)

Best,
-- Andy

Personally I have to agree with kimsland on that one. I used to sign off with my username, and after a while it just seemed pretty pointless. Besides, it lengthens posts and pages unnecessarily. At least from my pov, I'm beginning to find it a little annoying too, especially if you do it more than once in one thread. If you really must, I recommend you to just sign off in your first post in each thread. Or simply just edit your signature.

I can't help but wonder if all the replies you made pushing the three spyware/adware programs were made just to up your total and not help the person with the question.

For a "HiTech Engineer" you aren't very wise to some of the ways on the internet!

Putting your signature over the entry "PC Home Services" seems to me to be a way of advertising. I don't think that's allowed on this board.

I can't help but wonder if all the replies you made pushing the three spyware/adware programs were made just to up your total and not help the person with the question.

No, those are the 3 anti-spyware I use for my business and they work. 80% of my business is removing spyware from home users PCs. I'm simply recommending what I think works. That's all.

I
For a "HiTech Engineer" you aren't very wise to some of the ways on the Internet!

Au contraire, as I wrote in my "Keep an Open Mind", I learn a lot from others. I gave examples to back that up.

I
Putting your signature over the entry "PC Home Services" seems to me to be a way of advertising. I don't think that's allowed on this board.

Well, it's not meant as advertising because I serve a suburb at Ottawa, CANADA whereas this is an Internet web site, i.e. global, so it doesn't make sense I'll generate any business advertising like this.

The reason is simply that it is my trailer and that is what I am, a professional computer tech at Ottawa, CANADA. That's all.

I think you're trying to read too much into what I'm doing. I like this site, it's helped me in the past, it's well setup and I answer posts for computer help my skills sharp when I'm not busy.

Cheers,
-- Andy

Yes but two (TS Special Forces) members have now said stop putting your name at the end of all your posts

And use your Profile signature only
Which you have already.

Hey, I belong to many forums and in all the others, you sign off. Maybe most don't do that here but I don't think it's a hard & fast rule. I do to be polite and let others know what my name is.

If it bothers you, get over it. There are worse things to get upset about.

-- Andy

If it bothers you, get over it

almcneil I am concerned about your support posting, and this small issue about your signing off with your name.

I'd like to re-confirm with you that it is not just me that feels this way
I believe you may be the type of person that takes a little while to understand things. This is at least how I have felt when trying to tell you on other threads, that your support was incorrect.

I have therefore PM'd Julio with your latest post here "getting over it" and we will wait to see what he feels may be correct or incorrect here.
Personally I believe you may need to stop, and wait, then think before replying to anyone.

So far we have debated 4 issues:

1. Your signing off - Not Required
2. Your 3 Spyware programs - Not Required
3. An abuse post to me (now removed) - Took 3 PMs for you to apologize
4. Your actual support - To actually help a member (properly) I needed to debate why I was right to you first!

This is too much

Bleh... I got to Addict status like a week after I joined. I would post like 200 times a day. :)

Too bad I left for like a year and everyone has 10,000 post and I'm like 30th place. :(

By all means, I welcome it!

Personally, I think you need to lighten up and not take everything so seriously.

I agree, you're getting much to worked up over it.

-- Andy

Bleh... I got to Addict status like a week after I joined. I would post like 200 times a day. :)

Too bad I left for like a year and everyone has 10,000 post and I'm like 30th place. :(
Personally, I wish these counts were abandoned altogether -- IMO they create a wrong motive for participation .

Most tech forums use the post count option
This helps new members know they are communicating with someone who has been inolved greatly with the site, or not.

I warm feeling if you like :)

Yes that's perfectly clear -- I still move the question on poor motivations :)

I think the motivations don't support the end much if they are poor motivations. There isn't much point to post count apart from the techspot titles. That said, special titles are allotted only to specific members; contribution to the site is not directly related to post count. Just look at mine for example. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back