I'm at your mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here.....

My father is terminally ill and I'm caring for him. The only thing that keeps me sane is my laptop.

It's now got multiple blue screen errors. I'm beggin you to tell me what to do.
I'm willing to reformat if I can copy my pictures first. (hopefully)

Here's what I'm asking: 1. How to copy the pictures, the cd drive doesn't seem to be working. Is there anyway to get it working? Just another symptom of my woes.

2. How do I reformat, exactly?

Errors/Blue Screens, etc. include

svcntaux.exe (ap failed)
ehtray.exe (ap failed)
0x8007043c
BAD_POOL_CALLER
0x000000c2
swdsvc.exe - 0x0eedfade 0x7c812a5b
BAD_POOL_HEADER
0x8E WIN32K.SYS
BF80D405 BF800000 Datestamp 43446a58

Stop: 0x0000008E ( 0xC0000005, 0x80621B05,
0xF1027828, 0x00000000)

Hope I got those all right. As you can see numerous prob.

Alse I noticed that my orange light for my batterey was flashing. I reseated it and that went away. Seems like I remember starting to get some messaged about memory before all this happen.

Recently downloaded: Spyware Doctor, Registry Mechanic, Google Toolbar, Google Earth, ScreenPrint,

No hardware installs.

Thanking you in advance for your time and expertise.

(Windows XP Media Edition) Dell Inspiron 6000 - Was last reformatted in February by pros.

Hello

Check the memory with memtest or other program, if memory test fails then you must change the memory sticks.You can also check the HDD.

You can save the pictures on cd or even better on a flash stick if you have an USB port. On a Cd you must install first an external CD-Rom on USB port.

You can reinstall the OS without formatting the drive.

If the problems persists, then save your pictures and then proceed to format the drive.

Good Luck to you for the future

You could attempt to use a flash drive, or USB key to copy your pictures, or even an external HDD.
As for the BSOD's, you need to attach a few of our latest minidumps.
To do this, go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and collect, say 3 or 4 of your latest minidumps so that I can analyze them.
As for how to reformat, I think that after helping you with your BSOD's you wont have to!

Hope this can help.

if your file system is fat32 you can start your pc with a 98 boot disk and look at the hard disk and copy your files. then reformat.
you can get a win98 boot disk from here: www.bootdisk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back