I'm back with major problems

By nothing123
Dec 9, 2008
  1. Hi all,

So my computer is all messed up again; I stupidly installed a virus and now my computer crashes a few minutes every time I log in to Windows. I don't even know what to do at this point because I'm worried I won't have enough running time on my computer to even run scans and post it here (I'm on someone else's computer at the moment). Any suggestions at all?!

2. Maftec

Maftec TS Rookie

Anything i can suggest is that you reinstall your computer?. Please inform do you got Vista?

If so: When you start your computer up, Press F5 and it will come up and Repair tool. Beware. Using this tool will reinstall your computer.
  3. nothing123

nothing123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Will I lose everything on my computer? I may just try rebooting over and over to see if one time it doesn't crash. If I'm lucky like that, is there a scan I should run in particular and post the log of here?
  4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,150   +597

boot and tapping F8 will give Safe Boot which disables tons of stuff
  5. nothing123

Ok, so I think I just have to be careful with running too many processes at once because I rebooted this time and didn't rush to open things and now I'm in the process of runninga SuperAntiSpyware scan After this, I will run a HJT scan and post both logs.

Thanks for the help so far.
  6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

7. nothing123

So I ran a SuperAntiSpyware scan as well as a MalwareBytes one and removed all infected materials. I only have the MalwareBytes log saved however. I've attached that and a HJT log for your viewing. My computer seems to be running fine now in terms of function but there are lots of popups showing.
  8. Kazi

Kazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 121

Remove these from HJT

Its kinda hard to work with your log but i'm trying
  9. nothing123

Ok, so I'm almost certain I have the Vundo Trojan virus. I've tried following the 8 step process with no real success; is there something specific I can do to handle this particular virus?

10. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

I'm not aware of anything you can do :(
    Totally loss cause :(

You could supply the logs again, after another scan of course (ie its been 5 days !)
    That's the only way I know how to fix this fault (you know done thousands of times)

But otherwise no idea :( !
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.