I'm clueless and having problems with IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
To begin I just want to say that I am clueless when it comes to the technical side of computers, so if anyone replies with advice could you put it in 'english' please :eek:

I'm having a couple of problems with IE7, one of them with google, making finding a solution very difficult.

The major, most annoying problem is the message I'm receiving whilst using google, this is the message:

"A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive"

It's allowing me to search for something, but when I go to click on a link this is coming up. It isn't happening on every link though and so far hasn't happened on any other site.

The other problem is some of the links in my favourite aren't working. They are there, but when I click on them nothing happens.

I'm just scanning my computer now with McAfee just to see if maybe I had a virus that was causing this, it's 40% done and so far hasn't found anything.

Please help before I throw my laptop out the window.

It sounds like with your symptoms possible infection -- even if McAfee finds nothing. I strongly suggest going to the Virus and Malware forum, read the 8 Steps sticky, and follow it step by step; don't skip any steps. Then post there with the required logs.

By the way, there are much better security solutions than McAfee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back