I'm having converter trouble

RandomP

I've tried to convert a .FLV file into an .MP3 file, however the converted I'm using crashes... after several attempts I decide to try a different converter program, ONLY TO HAVE THAT ONE CRASH AS WELL!!!! So clearly the error isn't on the converted but is within my systems, my question is where and how to fix this?

What I've tried:
1: Re-installing.
2: Three different Converters.

P.S. If this is in the wrong location please inform me of this and tell me where it should be so I can close this topic and re-open it in the correct location.

It is also possible that the two applications you've used are actually using the same tool or binary to do some portion of the transcode - and so you're running into the same exact problem twice. What are the two applications you are trying to convert with?

Currently I've tried Realplayer Converter (my usual) and PCHand Video Converter (the new one) as well as Altysoft Video converter (another new one I've never handled before) and all crash exactly 35 seconds after opening (took 26 attempts before I timed it) I have no idea what the exact error is as I never get ANY information why the program crashes, all I know is that all three of these have the issue so I know it's a failure in my systems somewhere.

*Blasted forced double post, I'm only posting this new issue here because it's an extension of converter trouble

OK so LNCPapa's solution was half successful, however now the issue is the file type of the converted file. My MP3 cannot play .PS files, now the VLC says it can change the files to .MP3 but when I fallow the instructions it becomes unplayable, I click play on my comp and nothing plays, the MP3 player says it's "corrupted data."

Ok having run threw my systems I can confirm that I have Visual C+ Runtime Libraries, I have all needed codecs, and Freemake crashes as well... I'm considering just bringing this in and having it re-formatted for the amount of grief it's caused me.

I think it's a glitch in my core systems, I've tried to use an online converter and it crashes as well... unless someone can explain this one too me I'm convinced that I need to re-format this thing.

Back