TechSpot

I'm having problems with firefox

By Tisha
Feb 19, 2008
  1. Hey all,
    My firefox was working great when suddenly I could no longer open new windows. I use Mac OSX. I also have trouble when clicking on links, the secondary page doesn't open. I'm not that tech savy so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

try reloading the app
    save the profile first
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Administrator ---->or user name

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,623   +320

Its a Mac, so there isn't a C:\Docs & Settings\ect...

If you haven't customized it too much then my suggestion would be to delete ~/Library/Preferences/org.mozilla.firefox.plist

Maybe copy that to your desktop before you delete it just so you have a backup if something goes wrong.

4. Tisha

Tisha TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a try.

5. mazameez

mazameez TS Rookie Posts: 21

My recomendation is to just re-install....

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,623   +320

Its not a Windows box, reinstalling on a Windows box resets preferences and registery crap. In OS X, you don't have a registry, all the crap that is typically in a 'registry key' is in a .plist file, which is what I suggested she delete.

7. mazameez

mazameez TS Rookie Posts: 21

Oh ok, I did not know that. Thank you for clearing that up SNGX1275

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.