I'm having trouble with Firefox and Bittorrent

vaisedana

Hello.
I'm a windows 7 ultimate k user and when I turn off firefox or bittorrent I can still see their processes in the taskmanager. I'm still not sure if there are other programs like that but so far only these two are concerning me.
What should I do ?

I have same firefox problem on windows xp.When i turn it off and then turn it on again it shows an error that can't open firefox, and then i delete the firefox proccess form task manager and it opens normally.

Sometimes a program will start twice due to 'double-clicking a desktop icon at just the 'wrong' speed. Many programs such as firefox will run two copies of themselves quite happily. This is entirely unpredictable and can be a nuisance.

I suffer the same problem with a file/desktop manager called PowerDesk which I use exclusively instead of windows explorer. In the case of double-starting, I get no visible response to clicking to start the program, but it is actually running and can be seen in task manager. Further clicking of the startup icon also has no effect except to start another copy running without an interface. Often stopping one copy causes the other to suddenly appear.

The way to avoid this problem is dont use double-clicks to start desk-top icons, use single-clicks. Alternatively, move the icon into the 'quick-launch' toolbar which uses single-click by default. Unfortunately, getting a quick-launch toolbar in Win7 like the one in XP is not very easy.

Back