Im overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
hay i have a dell inspiron 5150 lap top i use it mainley for work and my cooling fan has stoped working it does come on during boot up it goes through a3 stage test but when it boots up all the way it turnes off dell said go to out of warinty repeir center i would rather not due to content on my hard drive can any one help??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I really do advise you to get your laptop fixed under the terms of the warranty.

Fixing a laptop by D.I.Y. isn`t always easy, or an option. Just tell Dell you have important data on your hard drive.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I have the same problem with a friend's laptop i use for C programming, it is a Dell Inspiron 7000, the cpu fan comes on at boot-up but stops as soon as it enters windows 98. I have had it running some infinite loops every now and then and it does get hot but the cpu fan does not start, however i did find that if i restarted it when it was still hot then the CPU fan would keep going through windows and would not stop even when the latop was cool and idle for hours, I think it only runs the temperature sensor at system boot time. I have looked through the BIOS and there are no related options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back