I'm planning to build SFF. I'm open to suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushwhacker

Hello to all the Techspot Members!

I am planning to build my SFF from stratch to bring and leave it at my school residence.
I want to know which is the best and reliable motherboard is suitable for SFF and handle better VRMs. I do not plan on overclocking.
I am open to any suggestion for building the SFF. I would like to see the price suggesion in Canada currency. Thanks.

List of specs i wanted:
CPU: AMD 64 (either socket 754 or 939) or Intel Pentium 4 (below 3.2ghz)
Mobo: Open to suggestion
HDD: Open to suggestion (EIDE only)
Optical Drive: Open to suggestion
PSU and Case for SFF: Open to suggestion
Ram: Open to suggestion (Preferred to more than 256meg ram)
MOD: Open to suggestion

Lucan

That is good suggestion, but how much will i need. I will only use new SFF for just my school homework and small games.

Lucan

bushwhacker said:
I will only use new SFF for just my school homework and small games.
Why would you need that much CPU power then?

Is VIA C3 -based machine too slow? They use very small boards and consume very little power, suitable for SFF machines.

I refer to use either Intel or AMD for 64-bit CPU. I will need a good CPU to handle applications for example Adobe Photoshop

bushwhacker said:
I refer to use either Intel or AMD for 64-bit CPU

edit:

Anyways, a suggestion: Mobile CPUs. Mobile athlons use the same socket, but produce much less heat. This will make the smaller form factor case more ideal.

Hello Mictlantecuhtli,

I make a bit of mistake. I expect a new SFF to met or exceed the power requirement for Intel Pentium 4 HT CPU and/or AMD Athlon 64 Socket 754 or 939.

Lucan

Hello Soul Harvester,
What is the mobile cpu and mobo looks like, it sound expensive. puke:

Lucan

Okay, Socket 939 SFF is good!

M-ATX_Socket 939= what company
Ram= What company and what amount
HDD= Maxtor DiamondMax Plus, but what amount
Optical Drive= Open to suggestion
Mods= Open to suggestion

Lucan

ram ==> usually the maker of your mobo will post on thier site a list of ram that should work with your board, check there
hdd ==> any of the 80GB and up models should cut it, the 120 is what i have and it's excellent.
optical drive ==> lg, plextor, sony, pioneer, samsung are all good choices, among others. just choose a good name brand model available to you.
mods ==> you can get a certain type of marker and write stuff on your mobo/parts that will show up in certain uv lights. kits are quite cheap and tracing the circuits makes a cool looking machine.
good luck and enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back