I'm totally stuck with what AV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, i was just coming accross a good post about how slow vista was and then i noticed what things could be affecting my own one since after just half a weeks its slowing down.

OK well let's get to the point, I need a antivirus software (any price) that is the most lightest on my system (I don't even want to notice it's running). At the moment I am using Avira Antivir Premium and I don't really like it to what it is.

Looking at the new version of Nod32 (v3) had a better interface and was light on resources.

Can anyone tell me what the best antivirus is to install and your views on why it is.

My system specs are:

IBM R40 (Laptop)
MS Vista Ultimate 32Bit
70GB Hard Drive
1GB DDR Ram
P4 2.4 Ghz

Thanks,

I always recommend AVG free or Avast on here.

I would like to sell you your new AV, as I am a reseller for a few of the companies you are probably looking at, but haven't cleared this through the forums so will not post my links. I do however know some of these programs really well and would recommend either:

NOD32 or
Kaspersky

I have just seen outpost antivirus from agnitum.com.

is this a good av, is it light on resources.

Hmm im not keen on avast (i want a good looking interface) lol.

I would think about nod32 again.

I had also seen ca antivirus and the shield deluxe.

Thanks again,

I would go for Nod32 or Kaspersky, good detection rates, dont hog the system too much, not a big fan of ca antivirus.

Dont know much about it so I cant recommend anything, I personally just use free ones on my own system.

I'm not familiar with outpost either,

Kaspersky has a free Trial, if you want to check it out before you buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back