TechSpot

I'm totally stuck with what AV

By sandeepb
Apr 25, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, i was just coming accross a good post about how slow vista was and then i noticed what things could be affecting my own one since after just half a weeks its slowing down.

OK well let's get to the point, I need a antivirus software (any price) that is the most lightest on my system (I don't even want to notice it's running). At the moment I am using Avira Antivir Premium and I don't really like it to what it is.

Looking at the new version of Nod32 (v3) had a better interface and was light on resources.

Can anyone tell me what the best antivirus is to install and your views on why it is.

My system specs are:

IBM R40 (Laptop)
    MS Vista Ultimate 32Bit
    70GB Hard Drive
    1GB DDR Ram
    P4 2.4 Ghz

Thanks,
  2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

I always recommend AVG free or Avast on here.

I would like to sell you your new AV, as I am a reseller for a few of the companies you are probably looking at, but haven't cleared this through the forums so will not post my links. I do however know some of these programs really well and would recommend either:

NOD32 or
    Kaspersky
  3. sandeepb

sandeepb TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have just seen outpost antivirus from agnitum.com.

is this a good av, is it light on resources.

Hmm im not keen on avast (i want a good looking interface) lol.

I would think about nod32 again.

I had also seen ca antivirus and the shield deluxe.

Thanks again,
  4. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,087

I would go for Nod32 or Kaspersky, good detection rates, dont hog the system too much, not a big fan of ca antivirus.
  5. sandeepb

sandeepb TS Rookie Topic Starter

How about outpost antivirus pro?
  6. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,087

Dont know much about it so I cant recommend anything, I personally just use free ones on my own system.
  7. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

I'm not familiar with outpost either,

Kaspersky has a free Trial, if you want to check it out before you buy
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.