Image Distortation and Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've got a Dell Dimension 4600 that's recently having a problem where the image liks to distort or otherwise fail altogether. The monitor will click on and off from image to black or the image will "jump." The IT guys at my school thought the graphics card may be loose, but the screw that keeps it in place seemed plenty tight to me.

Any ideas? I really appreciate the help.

Firstly confirm all your computer's drivers are up to date here: -> https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

If you have a 3rd party addon Video card, you will need to find out who is the manufacture and update those drivers too

If your system still has issues, reply back with more details on what Video Card you are using. Also in some cases you will need to physically remount the card in your computer (and remove any dust built up, by high compressed air, ideally)

What the tech guy at school is suggesting is that you take the screw out of the card take the card out and completely reseat the card. Doing that will probably not help, but it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back