Imaging hardware centralized driver code 39 after Windows XP repair install

jomon324

(I hope this post is in the right place. If not, I apologize.)

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems with my Windows XP SP3 desktop computer after a crash a few weeks ago. I took the computer in and had it repaired (the people said they did a repair installation of windows, which I had tried myself and failed). After a little tweaking, it seems to be back to normal except for two things: my webcam and my scanner needed to be re-installed, only re-installing them gave me the message "There was a problem when installing your new hardware. Your new hardware might not work properly" and now my webcam program (bundled with the webcam) "amcap" and my scanner program "Scanwizard" both say that I don't have the respective hardware attached to my computer when I try and run them. I have tried uninstalling the hardware and restarting then re-installing them and have had no success. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I would greatly appreciate some advice and/or technical help.

Thanks in advance,

Jomon

The repair install might not have been the right thing to do. You may be dealing with partial drivers left-overs... You might try using a "driver cleaner" and see if to can remove these partial drivers

The repair install was from the crash that happened, because I had no media to back my system up on, not because of my camera or scanner. If I may ask, is there a particular (freeware) "driver cleaner" program you might be able to recommend?

Back