Imo adds free VoIP calling to iOS instant messaging app

By Shawn Knight
Aug 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Imo is already known for their instant messaging aggregator that combines 11 of the most popular services into one. The app even supports free VoIP calling for Android users but now the company is introducing the same calling feature for…

Read more
  2. great android gets left out once more.
    exact reason im getting the next iphone, sick of getting apps missing features that iOS gets
  3. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 845   +20

I just don't see the relevance anymore in using capped data plans to make calls thus any of these apps. The newest offerings (my brothers prepaid android from Tmobile) have unlimited text and voice anyway, but the data is very limited. You must be kidding to want to use wifi; use a $10 cordless phone with $3/month voip. It will last you 10 years too.
  4. DanUK

DanUK TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 189   +7

...did you even read the article?
  5. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

I'm still using Vonage at five times the cost. Where do you get $3/month voip?

Mr Guest says: "sick of getting apps missing features that iOS gets" - yes, and that's not all! With iOS you get to wait for months and months to get features Android already has! Go for it, dude!
  6. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 845   +20

@TJGeezer: There's Ooma at Fry's (can cost $200 initially) which is what we have and I saw Netttalk at Compusa outlet stores (think it only costs $40 and includes first year of service). Don't forget Magic Jack Plus available anywhere - $40/yr. I wasn't gonna read this reply, glad I did.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.