Impossible CAPTCHA

Envergure

This is the first CAPTCHA I've ever gotten wrong. My guess was "extumoust".
[see attachment]

If these get much more muddled, people are going to start having problems reading them too frequently. Maybe it's time to think of an alternative?

Attachments

• Extumoust.jpeg
    Extumoust.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 39
Yeah I've had to reset them upwards of 10 times on a number of occasions lately... they're really getting a bit too garbled to be of much use.

I think there's a letter squeezed in there between the u and the s, near the end. Looks like an e...

Can I just add that, I agree, not here at TechSpot though (that I'm aware of), but generally everytime I read these things across the Internet, I tend to refresh to a new image I can actually read! I always wonder how others go too. Some of these "captchas" are just unreadable.

Actually every now and then I do come across "Enter the code in the box to continue"
And I enter the code and it says, "code invalid" (Hmm)
So I think to myself, oh must've got it wrong :suspiciou (even though I was about 10cm from the screen reading it)
So I get the new code and try again, and that also says wrong code :confused: (oh wise guy, hey!)
I sometimes try about 5 times or more until it accepts the stupid code, always thinking to myself, it's not me I tell you :mad:

Pretty sure if this happens to me it probably happens to others as well
Sometimes you're positive the code is right, but it's rejected, maybe it is just me :confused:

Oh again, I'm not talking about TechSpot's captcha code, as I'm always logged in :p

Sometimes it helps if you magnify the screen, e.g. to 200%.

But the funny thing is that bots or cracking tools can often decipher these better than humans, which defeats the purpose.

Back