Impossible CAPTCHA

By Envergure
Dec 19, 2008
Post New Reply
  1. This is the first CAPTCHA i've ever gotten wrong. My guess was "extumoust".
    [see attachment]

If these get much more muddled, people are going to start having problems reading them too frequently. Maybe it's time to think of an alternative?

Attached Files:

2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Yeah I've had to reset them upwards of 10 times on a number of occasions lately... they're really getting a bit too garbled to be of much use.

I think there's a letter squeezed in there between the u and the s, near the end. Looks like an e...
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

Are you talking about a captcha here in TechSpot or somewhere else?
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Can I just add that, I agree, not here at TechSpot though (that I'm aware of), but generally everytime I read these things across the Internet, I tend to refresh to a new image I can actually read! I always wonder how others go too. Some of these "captchas" are just unreadable.
  5. peacefulchaos

peacefulchaos Newcomer, in training Posts: 53

I have the hardest time with these. Maybe my eyes are just bad but I usually go through an average of 5 refreshes.
  6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Actually every now and then I do come across "Enter the code in the box to continue"
    And I enter the code and it says, "code invalid" (Hmm)
    So I think to myself, oh must've got it wrong :suspiciou (even though I was about 10cm from the screen reading it)
    So I get the new code and try again, and that also says wrong code :confused: (oh wise guy, hey!)
    I sometimes try about 5 times or more until it accepts the stupid code, always thinking to myself, it's not me I tell you :mad:

Pretty sure if this happens to me it probably happens to others as well
    Sometimes you're positive the code is right, but it's rejected, maybe it is just me :confused:

Oh again, I'm not talking about TechSpot's captcha code, as I'm always logged in :p
  7. d1ngess

d1ngess Newcomer, in training

what does that word even mean?
  8. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

Sometimes it helps if you magnify the screen, e.g. to 200%.

But the funny thing is that bots or cracking tools can often decipher these better than humans, which defeats the purpose.
  9. Envergure

Envergure TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 154

@Julio:
    It was on Google Apps login, not TS

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.