Improve gaming performance for $100 or less

1. I'm not a gaming junkie by any means. I play a lot of old stuff. But I also occasionally play World of Warcraft type games and I usually have to lower the resolution for it to run smoothly and it looks awful.

2. I don't want to have to spend more than a 100 dollars

3. I'm not seeing the power supply on my hp touchsmart. The most info I could find on the web for my comp is that its 200w (100v-240v)

4. - motherboard - Manufacturer - PENTAGON CORPORATION
- Model - JESSE
-Graphic Interface - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphcs
- Code Name RS780M
- Technology 55nm
- Memory size 256 mbytes Memory bus width 32 bits
- Memory type DDR3
- size 4096 mbytes
-CPU AMD Athlon II X2 235
-CPU SPEED 798 MHz

5. Im from The U.S.
Thanks in advance for the help

First off I am not sure what your question is. Perhaps you accidentally left it out. If you are looking to upgrade your computer to play games at a higher resolution or higher frame rate then I see a problem. I believe the Touchpad is built pretty muck like a laptop, meaning most parts are *not* swappable and if they are the cost and trouble would be more than what it would be worth. Generally the two most easily replaceable parts on a laptop would be the RAM or harddrive and neither one of those is really going to give any performance gain.

Ram is usually the answer when games are lagging I added Ram when I was playing Leagu of legends 4gb actually and it made it way better.But at the same time I have a 64-bits but I dont think it actually matters much.

Good Luck Mate:D

I updated my first post. I meant to say most parts are *not* swappable. With 4GBs of RAM I would expect games to be slow because of your Video card or processor and not the RAM. 4GBs is ok for most any game, especially old ones.

But for world of warcraft takes alot of ram and your left of with a little ram so probably the video card or the ram.WAIT A SECOND Ranger Cant it also be the internet seed I was using Desktp and he internet was way too slow and it also aused lag so eithe of us could be right just depends I would have to go through his computer and check the thing he may have that could slow it down.

Ok. my comp has room for an additional 4gb of ram. Ill look into getting that. Could I get a better graphics card or is that unchangeable?

If your motherboard has a PCI-E x16 slot, you can install a graphics card that would be better than the onboard graphics. However, you will likely have to install a better power supply since 200W will be insufficient.

The HP Touchsmart is a all in one PC. Everything is pretty much integrated with no room for expansion. Unfortunately, adding more RAM will not yield any increased FPS. Usually to increase gaming performance. You would be looking to upgrade your GPU. Since you cannot do that. I recommend saving your money and eventually buying a new PC.

Back