Not open for further replies.

xwarriorx

hi guys,
i have 430 dell dekstop with following spec:
proc:quad 8300 2.5 mhz
ram:4gb
video:ati 4850 hd 512 mb
mobo:dell's one
the problem i experience is that any 09' game i play performs slow even in minimum settings.when it starts,usually performance is good but within short time it starts rapidly decreasing.
i discussed this issue with couple of my friedns,who also own gaming desktop.fun thing is that their systems are even less powerfull.i mean those specs we refer to gaming performance.they say that most of 09' games are performed on max settings with high fps.i've also cheched it personally.
so any suggestions,what's really happening with my system?
P.S
i've decided to asseble new system by buying new motherboard(SLI/Crossfire support) and new ATX tower,both costed me 250$.

Sounds like some sort of memory leak, but its quite unusual that all the games you play would do this.

edit: Before going out and buying a bunch of hardware do a quick google search on the games your playing to see if they have memory leak issues. This is a software issue not a hardware issue, and no amount of hardware will fix a memory leak its up to the developer to patch this issue.
(developer thinking "release now fix later")

i got you point.actually i've been thinking about the same.as an example i've recently updated ati drivers from official website and next time my system started in sort of black screen with couple of options.first one was force launch,second was recommended soft repair.i mean no laugh here.i decided to go for force launch and windows coudn't be loaded.so i went for 2nd option of recommended repair and then windows started.as soon as i checked driver version there was older one,but newly updated was sort of rolled back.
point is that it seems some xps systems basically are not happy when you install updates and new drivers.after i installed new video drivers game performance increased but i had launch software repair because otherwise windows woudn't start.as i wrote above that that slow in game performance started a week after i bought this xps system fresh from dell factory.i think these issues will make any gamer consider if it's worth to go for dell junk.i mean no disrespect for those guys who have xps/alienware laptops and desktops but i really regret that i went for dell.i still can't basically understand that how's that possible when me bro owns a bit less powerfull self assembled desktop system and everything he plays just rocks on max settings and me having a bit more powerfull one considering specs,but same time experiencing real ingame performance issues....

Are you doing a clean install of your drivers?

The process is simple , control panel , uninstall display drivers , restart into safe-mode ( press f8 while system starts to load after bios screen .. blinking line) run Driver-sweeper ( available free at guru3d.com) analyze and clean for display drivers . additionally I like to run Ccleaner to clean disk and fix registry ( ccleaner.com) , restart normally , install display drivers .. you should also keep up on defragging your hdd as well .

You might want to keep your directx up to date with the directx web installer , it will find all dx updates and install for you .

Are you doing a clean install of your drivers?

The process is simple , control panel , uninstall display drivers , restart into safe-mode ( press f8 while system starts to load after bios screen .. blinking line) run Driver-sweeper ( available free at guru3d.com) analyze and clean for display drivers . additionally I like to run Ccleaner to clean disk and fix registry ( ccleaner.com) , restart normally , install display drivers .. you should also keep up on defragging your hdd as well .

You might want to keep your directx up to date with the directx web installer , it will find all dx updates and install for you .
it's really usefull advice,tnx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back