TechSpot

in need 4 sum advice plzzz..need power on my mobo

By electric
Oct 16, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i took my old motherboard out and put in a new one...ive installed everything else....chip,fan,ide1 and 2 power supply...but the problem im facing is on my new mobo the pin connections are different,i try to connect my led on/off..its just a diff pin connection on my mobo.my new mobo is a gigabyte rz series 85661fxmp-rz (sis 661fx chipset)on the mobo the pins are 2x10 pins connecter,were can i get these because i cant turn my pc on/off.im using my old leads that were on my mobo..but some dont connect the pins are different...even the usb 1 usb 2 ,spdif_10 are different,can anyone advice me were to get these plzzzz...thanks Email:el3ctric7@hotmail.co.uk :(
  2. Eric Legge

Eric Legge Newcomer, in training Posts: 224

It would help no end if you could write intelligible English.

You don't say what your old motherboard is.

The new motherboard probably has a new 24-pin power connector instead of the old 20-pin connector.

The new board is: "8S661FXMP-RZ is a highly value-oriented P4 platform with excellent performance and impressive features. Empowered by the latest SiS 661FX/964 chipsets, and Gigabyte's R&D..."

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Productinformation/Gigabyte_8S661FXMP_RZ__6201679

I would just buy a new case, because it looks as if the power supply unit can't be used with the new board.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.