[In Progress] DNS Server failed. All browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a pc running windows 7. Yesterday it just randomly stopped being able to access the internet. It says its connected with full strength but it keeps switching between "no internet access", "limited access", and "internet access". Even when I have "internet access" I still get the DNS lookup failed error when trying to load a page. My modem and router are working correctly (my mac works just fine on the same network). I have tried to connect through ethernet, changing to google's public DNS, using a different browser, disabling TCP/IPv6, clearing browsing data, and flushing the DNS Cashe. I have tried pinging google.com but it couldn't find the host. This error is effecting all pages and browsers (although the firefox error is Server Not found). The weird thing to me is when I restart the computer the internet works fine for a couple of minutes then goes back to the same error.

You're really not in the right forum for this problem. You can try adding the router reset and see if that helps.

You are having a connection problem and should contact your ISP Monday..
What we do in this forum is scan for and hopefully find and remove malware.

Do a DNS Flush, then reset your router.
Start> Run> type cmd> enter> at the C prompt type ipconfig /flushdns (note space before the /)

Exit the Command prompt when finished and shut the system down.-

• [1]. Shut down your computer, and any other computer connected to your router.
    [2]. On the back of the router, there should be a small hole or button labelled RESET. Using a bent paper clip or similar item, hold that in continuously for twenty seconds.
    [3]. Unplug the router. Wait sixty seconds.
    [4].Now holding again the reset button, plug it back in. Continue holding the reset button for twenty seconds. Unplug the router again.
    [5].With the router unplugged, start your computer.
    [6].Connect to the router again. The turn the router back on.
    [7].When it stabilizes, reboot your workstation and try to access the internet. If you have any issues, access the Router configuration page and re-enter your authentication information.
    [8]. Reboot the system and test the internet. You may have to reconfigure the router settings based on your setup.
=====================================
I'll leave this thread open for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back