[In Progress} My SUPERantispyware lifetime subscript disappeared,

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

About 3 years ago I bought a "lifetime subscription" to SUPERantispyware and have had it on
my machine ever since. ( XP, sp3, Firefox with a number of mostly security add-ons)

All of a sudden, without my doing anything at all, I noticed my SUPERantispyware had turned
into a trial version of their new Professional version 5.

Now that trial version has expired.

The strange thing is that it seems to have downloaded and installed itself, and in doing so,
has deleted my "lifetime subscription" version.

I always save files of license keys for things like that and that file has gone away, too.

It's almost as if they snuck in the trial Pro version during an update of my existing version or something, and programmed it to replace previous / lifetime subscriptions and related files, forcing people to buy their Pro version or go without the active scanning of their software.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

I just took another look in Program Files, in the SAS folder, and along with the Pro version of the app, I did find the original "lifetime subscription" version DATED 1/15/2009, which certainly should not come up as "trial version expired" and is proof I did have the lifetime subscription.

This is a matter that needs to be taken up with SAS. There is nothing we can do about the matter.

I will share my own experience however with one security company: I had been using their paid antivirus program for several years. When renewal time came, I found the charge greater that usual. Looking into the matter found they had given me the Suite instead of AV, quoting "every one want the suites!"

I don't use any "suites". I terminated my business with the company.

Best of luck to you in resolving your problem.

Even in software, money is still the bottom line!

Yes, it's a shame when a company with a good product goes "commercial" and forsakes the good they've been doing for profit as their primary motivator.

I agree - I don't use the suites - I believe there are better alternatives than some of the components of the suites.

I, too, have found AV to be heavily pushing the suite every time there's an update. So far, I've just been closing that promotional
window and taking the time to go back thru the update steps for the regular program.

My patience is not infinite, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back