In-Stat: Yearly tablet shipments to hit 250 million by 2017

By Jos
Aug 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Tablet shipments will near 250 million in 2017, a new report from market research firm In-Stat claims. Apple's iPad and Google Android tablet devices will reportedly account for more than…

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,231   +314

LOL...they're making tablet sales predictions for 2017?!?

Was someone at In-State just bored or have a girlfriend at Apple they were trying to impress?
  3. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Booster Posts: 1,000   +37

I want a windows tablet that can run Crysis at ultra settings.

...I'm a dreamer.
  4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

keep pumping that bubble up.
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,487   +73

You know it's going to to happen sooner or later. Just like FCV not here yet 100%.
  6. DeliciousPie

DeliciousPie TechSpot Member Posts: 43

I still don't understand what a tablet is for. They are no more portable than a laptop and seem far less powerful.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'll stick with my Desktop/Laptop/Phone trinity.
  7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

It's a luxury item for people who feel that the convenience of being able to sit on the couch or in bed and surf the web, without having to deal with sitting at a desk or having a warm heavy laptop on your lap, is worth the cost.

People will tell you amazing stories of doctors with charts and architects with plans, but essentially that's what a tablet is for.
  8. pretty bold prediction... NOT!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.