TechSpot

Inability to turn on computer after setting video card into Motherboard

By luisn
Aug 7, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello there, I was kind of messing around with the video card today and before this, I could turn the computer on easily with the graphics card inside it (mind you it never worked but it turned on) and I never took it off so I don't know abou that.

Yesterday, I took off the video card (for god knows why) and put it back in. I checked everything and it was all plugged in, the video card locked in place and I plugged the power into it. Tried turning on the computer and for no reason I could find, the computer would not turn on. I proceeded to take the video card off and it suddenly worked.

Did I mess up the video card somehow in the process? I can't find anything that I did wrong.

P.S. I installed the video card drivers from their site thinking it would make the video card work and of course, it didn't, now I have an enlarged screen. I know it Is probably the drivers doing this and I have to just uninstall them but...how do I go about doing that?

P.P.S. Computer isn't connected to the internet even though my phone can get it via wi-fi, any help on that?

Sorry for the extra two questions, much thanks!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.