Inbound issue (driver possibly)

I am beyond frustrated, i usually can fix any software issue through troubleshooting and i just cant figure this out. I moved, didnt change anything in my set up and im assuming its just my headphones (with built in mic) malfunctioning. I went and bought just a desktop mic and plugged it in the inbound port and still the PC is not recognizing an inbound unit. I have 2 "corrupted" drivers in my device manager.
1. BT mini-receiver
2. SM Bus Controller

I have tried searching for drivers online and even on driver disks that i have and nothing shows up. i do not know what these devices are and have tried searching forum after forum. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers and nothing changes.

When i right click volume and go to recording devices there is nothing there to choose. This has to be a driver issue, but ive not a clue where to look. :(

I would be gracious for any assistance!

fixed

ok so i fixed it, before when i would try to reinstall my audio driver (from disk) it would have an error telling me to restart and try it again. And before ive tried uninstalling the two "error" devices in the manager and reinstalling them from the device manager screen, but it never worked. So i uninstalled the 2 "error" devices from the manager, went to the audio driver on the disk and tried installing it from there and it finally installed fully and restarted and showed an audio input device.

I do not know if this will work for anyone else having the same issue, but it worked for me. no real science to it, just guessing and checking every possible solution!

Thanks!

Just in case the unknown devices come back, post the hardware ID's so someone can check the appropriate driver for you.

Thanks a lot ron111 I will momentarily. However this website labeled this topic as a "bad post" even though I'm sure My issue is an often occurrence, they feel because I answered my own problem that it wouldn't help others.

That's weird. You outlined the details and the steps that helped you solve it. Should be helpfule to others. Actually uninstalling devices like you did can often solve problems with conflicting devices or drivers.
It's just that, unless those devices were properly recognized and have the right driver installed now, there is a chance that the issue comes back.

Back