Increasing FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play world of warcraft and I want to increase my fps. While questing i get around 15-25 fps and i have visual settings on medium. I use windows xp

CPU-Dell xps 400
Processor
* Type Intel Pentium(R) 3.20 GHz

Cache Memory
* Type L2 cache
* Installed Size 2 MB

Mainboard
* Chipset type Intel 945G
* Data bus speed 800 MHz

Graphcs Card
*Radeon X600 256mb Hypermemory

RAM
* Installed Size 1 GB (Upgraded to 2 GB recently)
* Technology DDR SDRAM

Storage
* Hard Drive 250 GB - DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra)
* Hard Drive (2nd) 160 GB

You could start by turning down you graphical settings. Turn your graphical settings, start by turning resolution down to lowest and then start setting graphical detail to low.

Aside from altering game settings, the best you can do is probably go to the ATI website and update to the latest graphics card drivers (with old cards this MAY not increase performance much), thats about the only thing you can do without upgrading your hardware.

Basicly, games are graphics dependent, they run with higher FPS on more powerful graphics cards, so you would look for a graphics card.

Of course, a more powerful graphics card requires a correspondingly more powerful power supply, depending on your current PSU, you may want to upgrade both your graphics card and power supply.

Wattage is not the only thing which determines power supply quality, amperage is arguably most important.

You need to open up your case and look at the sticker on the PSU. A typical PSU sticker looks like this.
sn41g2v2_psu_sticker.jpg

picture posted by Rage_3K_Moiz (i think...)

100 - 120 volts refers to the input, which doesn't mean anything because all standard american outlets are 100 - 120 volts.

Just tell us everything on the sticker, or get a picture of your sticker and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back