TechSpot

Increasing FPS

By WaveUser
Feb 4, 2009
  1. Hey Everyone,

I just thought I come here to see if anyone can help me out abit. I want to pull out the most FPS out of my system so a game will run more smoothly. If anyone can help me out, than here is my information and the game I play. Oh by the way... its a Laptop.

Manufacturer: Gateway
    Model: NX570X
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2060 @ 1.60GHz
    RAM: 1GB
    System type: 32-bit Operating System

Graphics Card... I think:Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card: SigmaTel High Definition Audio

And I only have one game I play which is Soldier Front from IJJI which can be found at: sfront.ijji.com

I want to make it so I would rarely lag in the game unless its by someone else.

This is the information, sorry if I screwed up somewhere... not very good with these things. Although if you know how to help me than just reply back here. Thanks!

2. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 729

intel graphics chipsets are really poor for gaming, and as your computer is a laptop, there is really nothing you can do that will make a significant difference. To improve general performance you should add more ram to your computer, especially since you are running vista, which needs at least two gigabytes to run at decent speed.

3. WaveUser

WaveUser TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. I thought the exact same thing :p I sorta knew this kind was sucky for gaming. Thanks though. Any suggestions on improving general performance?

4. Technochicken

You should defiantly upgrade from 1 to 3 or four gigabytes of ram. Here's a 4 gigabyte upgrade kit from Crucial for 45 dollars. This is a cheap any extremely easy to perform upgrade, and it should really help with general performance, especially when multitasking.

5. Zilliak

Zilliak TS Booster Posts: 164

Heres your fix

Get 2 Gb of 667 ram to match your manufacterer ram, also take a look at external vga adapters.

6. WaveUser

Thanks everyone.

Is it possible to upgrade my Laptop's Graphics Card?

7. Technochicken

No, it is built into the laptop's motherboard.

8. WaveUser

Ok thanks everyone! I think I will just build me my own gaming computer! Wish me luck for my first time :)

9. Zilliak

Zilliak TS Booster Posts: 164

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.