Infected by packed.rolex virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past few days, I've been redirected to different websites. I just ran a scan with AVG version 8.5.399 and it detected this virus. I tried to fix it but a window popped up saying I couldn't remove it without standard user rights. I followed the 8 steps and here are the following logs.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-06-04 (19-12-17).txt
    840 bytes · Views: 5
  • hijackthis.log
    13.6 KB · Views: 6
Hello

"Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and will typically cause your computer to crash, and will provide less protection.
Not more."
Remove/uninstall from " add/remove programs " in controlpanel:
One of your antivirus programs.
AVG8 or Symantec/Norton

Please download Combofix:
Here
And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post.

I just ran the combofix. I deleted one of the virus scanners as you said i should. Just to mention, when I ran the combofix and it automatically rebooted my computer, it didn't reboot properly and so I had to reboot my computer manually. Here is the log you wanted.

Ok, the log looks clean. Please attach new hijackthis log, and tell how things are running ?

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

Reboot, and you´re done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back