Inactive Infected PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit ago my Desktop got infected with some really, what seems to be, awful things. I'm scared to connect to the internet as so any of my information would get snipped and sent to whoever it may be that infected my computer. I was lucky enough to have MalwareBytes already installed on my computer, so I'm running that in safe mode, as everything is essentially disabled by the virus in normal mode.

As to the problems,

I can't detect my C or D drives in disk management, or when I try to clean install Windows.
I have about 3 Anti-Virus popups / programs that pester me to "purchase / activate" that I've definitely never downloaded.
Task Manager is shut down, if I hit ctrl+alt+delete an error popsup, same as if I try to manually start it via cmd / run.
Computer Management doesn't open up either.

I'm not sure what I can do to get rid of this, or rather enable a clean install of the OS as soon as possible. I read the post of about 8 steps to do before posting, but without (safe) access to the internet and the majority of the programs needed, I'm not sure how I can get all the logs necessary. If anyone has any advice as to how to fix any of the issues, or get the necessary logs safely onto this, please help out.

Oh as for specs, I'm using a stock Dell XPS 420, running Windows 7.

EDIT: I managed to run Windows Task Manager before any of the virus's started up and I managed to stop them from running, but I still have one virus popup, which is called Anti-Malware Doctor. I'll try to run the preliminary steps now.

Welcome to TechSpot! I'll help with the malware as soon as I get the logs.

If you don't want to or can't connect to the internet, use a flash drive to download the scanning programs, then install them on the problem computer.

Stropping a process in the Task Manager only stops it until you reboot- if the infection is still on the system, it will start the process again.

Follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE as best you can. Please try to run the scans in Normal Mode- this does not require you to be connected to the internet. Using Safe Mode doesn't start all the processes and we need to 'see' those processes. You can run the scans Offline by clicking on File> Work Offline. Then when you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back