Infected win32/heur + more while listening to music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was listening to music, and looked up lyrics to a song, next thing I know I'm getting pop ups saying win32/heur along with some other unusual .exe names including iexplorer.exe running in my task manager. which I NEVER see in there.

I ran AVG and it found: ( I included some of the names from the path to file, if that helps)

Trojan Horse Agent2.DZZ wJQs.exe
Trojan Horse SHeur2.ZGY
Trojan Horse SHeur2.ACAY
Trojan Horse SHeur2.ABMQ
Trojan Horse SHeur2.ACQH lekuladi.exe
Virus Win32/heur jirugewu.dll
Virus Win32/heur hugawene.dll
Virus Win32/heur demerute.dll
Virus Win32/heur noporuma.dll
PUP Fake Anti Spyware Sysnotifier.exe

And it also found about 35 tracking cookies.

I did the 8 step process, everything is attached.

Also I was wondering, if I burn data discs with some music, picture and text files of mine and then reformat my computer, is it safe to put those files back onto the computer or is it possible that they were infected as well?

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.... this is such a headache.

Vundo Detected, requires special process, start with 8 steps

Reformat and reinstall is always an option. (per Julio's notes at the top).
If you want to proceed and clean your pc, that too is an option,
but to do that, you need to follow the 8 steps exactly...

1. Get Avira, uninstall AVG,

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_...avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_...removerx64.exe

Restart

Install Avira free AntiVirus

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

2. Step through the steps exactly.

Since you have Vundo, at some point you will experience problems with the process. Repost, and someone (not me) will be able to tell you exactly what to do next.

As for burning / backing up data files, that is always a possibility.
You can always run your av on the data, from a clean system, before reloading it.
It is more likely that your problems stem from how you got the music than from the mp3 files themselves...

Music Sharing, and Torrent sites are notorious for malware intrusions.

infectedpeecee -> You have 3 antivirus programs running - AVG8, Avast and Norton.
"Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and will typically cause your computer to crash, and will provide less protection.
Not more."

A quick question - have you paid for Norton/Symantec ?

Norton came with my PC, it expired over a year ago though. I want to just reformat, if i do will it remove the virus and any trojans i have including backdoor trojans? do i have to do the 8 steps before i reformat? also can i just use the reformat that is built into the PC or do i need a disc? Thanks for any help, im on my cell phone now sorry if theres typos.

If you decide to reformat, all infections will be removed, I don´t know if you need a disc if you use the reformat that is built into the PC, it depends on what computer brand you have.

Just curious - why will you reinstall Windows ?

thanks i appreciate it, but does anyone else know if i can just use the reformat thats built in? my PC is a dell if that helps. i use it for important stuff thats why id like to just do a full reformat. thanks again!

I found this -

"If you need to reformat your Dell laptop and your system did not come with restore disks, you should not reformat using a standard windows disk because you will have to find the drivers for the graphics, sound, video etc.
Chances are, you probably have a partition on your system that contains the restore files. This makes it extremely easy to restore your system to factory defaults.

Before you start, MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP ALL FILES because this process will restore EVERYTHING to default. Backups should include your 'My Documents' folder, mail, favourites, ftp settings, internet connection settings.

Once you have backed up your data, follow these steps to restore your system:

Reboot system

Press ctrl F11 while system is booting

When asked if you want to reformat or restart, choose reformat

Sit back and wait for your system to reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back