Infected with Backdoor.tidserv!inf / HJT File help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running a scan with Norton tells me that I am infected with Backdoor.tidserv!inf, but it can't fix it. I now cannot access the internet from my computer. I have tried running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and removed the infections it found, but I am still having the same trouble. Can someone help please?

Attached is a copy of my HijackThis log.

Thanks!

A new Norton scan is not showing the virus now, but I am still unable to access the internet. Any ideas?

Hi tlmm

Welcome to Techspot.

Unfortunately we cannot help you at the moment because your Hijack this is both installed in the wrong location and is out of date

Remove your last install and then go here and download the new version

THEN

Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory

FINALLY

Once you have changed this, due to the nature of your problem please locate the HijackThis.exe file yourself with Windows Explorer and right click on it and select Rename. Rename to analyse.exe by just typing in analyse.exe to overwrite the old name. This is very important since a few forms of malware will hide unless HijackThis is renamed

Also please complete the UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions and post ALL the required logs before we can help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back