Infection(s) scan software corruptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeigh

My friend came to me the other day with an interesting computer problem. he had said he ran AVG and noticed a trojan clicker. that is basically what i have been going on and trying to research to get rid of. after he had ran that scan AVG program has since been able to function. Virus vault is corrupt as well and wont let me access it. i tried going through the malware removal guide but haven't any luck due to the fact that each program after installation (besides CCleaner) has come up corrupt or that the permissions aren't given to him to access the program. I ask for you help in this matter as of what to do with his computer. i would also like to add that he is getting random pop-ups ever so often to adult websites and his yahoo searches are being redirected. Sadly i cannot include any logs of any sort due to this infection so again any help in this matter will be deeply appreciated.

OS

Operating system is XP home i believe. are you talking system restore and ill go try that right away.

Edit: No good all previous restore dates appear to have been wiped

Thank

Yeah i figured that would be the Result of this issue. ill just try to do some minor back-ups is all. thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back