Infinite Loop, post problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I8aPickle

Infinite Loop, post problems. MORE HELP

@#$#@!$%@!

Okay, I'm very frustrated right now. Yesterday I got stuck in the horrible ati2dvag infinite loop problem. I followed all the instructions to fix it and uninstalled my ATI drivers, now it seems to be working...

...but now when I try to play my games it doesn't work! I went on the ATI website and installed new drivers and it STILL won't work. How do I fix all of this?! My computer is practically brand new. It's a Dell Dimension E510.

What do I do now?

Go to device manager and uninstall the card completely. Make sure you have all traces of any video driver deleted then reboot. When it reboots it will be detected as new found hardware. Install the lastest driver from here and see what happens.

Does this happen only when you play games or during normal operations?

people here are volunteers and no-one is obligated to reply. Your attitude is not appreciated nor welcomed.

Check for your video card in the device manager.

:) Some of us do take time off from the computer...

You've posted System devices... go back to the beginning of the Device manager and click on the little "+" next to Display Adapters and delete (or remove) everything under there. Reboot your system and follow smore9648's advice to install new drivers

Sorry for the attitude, I'm just so mad at my computer.

So I did what you told me and now am at the New Found Hardware Wizard, what do I do from there?

If you know the model of your video card, close the New Hardware Wizard and go to ATI.com and search under Drivers for your card's driver. Download it and install it. Reboot and you should be good

I did all of that and everything seemed to be fine, until my computer told me to install updates and restart...now whenever I turn on my computer it goes directly to a black screen. What do I do?

You need to have the drivers installed before rebooting.

Go back into safe mode and load the driver again, then reboot.

Right click on my computer and click on manage. Scroll down to device manager and find display adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back