A while ago, my Norton software came up with an Infostealer.gampass infection as a result of it's scans. I have attempted all of the feasible solutions that i have found on the internet, and none seem to work. Sadly, this is a matter seriously affected by time, as my siblings and I need reliable access for studying purposes. There are files named desktop.ini that have been made in assorted places on my harddrive, and the option of visibility for hidden files has been enabled, if this helps identify my problem. I will post logs etc. shortly. Thank you in advance. Edit: I am running vista as an OS, and do not wish to uninstall norton. I have also disabled, then re-enabled system restore, not knowing it would delete previous restore points.